AMANDA KNOX'S SEATTLE STUDENT PARTY TICKET

Repository for Powerpoints, PDF's & Videos

AMANDA KNOX'S SEATTLE STUDENT PARTY TICKET

Postby Michael » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:59 pm

[center]AMANDA KNOX'S SEATTLE STUDENT PARTY TICKET*[/center]

Casey McNerthney wrote:The trial of former University of Washington student Amanda Knox took an odd turn Saturday as lawyers in Italy debated the significance of a Seattle party at which Knox was cited for residential disturbance – her only prior documented contact with police.

Knox took responsibility, was given a $269 fine, which she paid with some money pooled from friends. The ticket was issued June 30, 2007, and the case was closed the next month, according to court records.

Prosecutors in Italy say the event shows a glimpse of Knox's wild side and that she didn't tell the whole truth about the party.

Here is the text of the narrative, written by Seattle police officer Jason Bender:

[area=Seattle Police Report]In the city of Seattle

I was on uniformed patrol in the marked unit as 3U5. At approximately 0028 hours, I responded to the report of a loud party in the listed location. The complainant relayed to dispatch that participants from the party were throwing rocks at his house and at passing cars. The complainant requested officer not contact him. Upon arrival, I noted loud amplified music coming from the listed address. The music could be heard from a distance greater than 75 ft from the source. I also noted several rocks in the street. I did not locate any damage at that time. I contacted a party participant and had them retrieve a resident.

S1/Knox contacted me (in front of the house). She stated that she was one of the current residents. She stated that she was the one who was hosting the party (as she was moving out). She stated that she was not aware of any rock throwers at the gathering.

I issued S1/Knox this infraction for the noise violation and a warning for the rock throwing. I explained how dangerous and juvenile that action was.

See Cad event 264012 for further.

No further action taken at this time.[/area]

[border]*The report was retrieved by seattlepi.com reporter Levi Pulkkinen during early coverage of the homicide case.[/border]

THE SEATTLE PI

ANDREA VOGT'S ARICLE ON THE AFFAIR

DAILY MAIL STORY ON THE INCIDENT

Download the Police Ticket Below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please register or log in.
Michael
------
------

Re: AMANDA KNOX'S SEATTLE STUDENT PARTY TICKET

Postby Dani990 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:59 pm

Its interesting to see all of this information coming from Seattle. It really shocks me as to how she was able to study abroad given her past indiscretions. I would think a university would look into a students credentials and incidents in their life that could deem her an unsuitable candidate for a study abroad experience.
Dani990

Postby sam spade » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:11 pm

Dani990 wrote:Its interesting to see all of this information coming from Seattle. It really shocks me as to how she was able to study abroad given her past indiscretions. I would think a university would look into a students credentials and incidents in their life that could deem her an unsuitable candidate for a study abroad experience.

huh-)
Me, too. I thought our students abroad were "ambassadors". AK is a horror show ! She doesn't represent the "best and the brightest" to me.
She's no la_)
sam spade

Postby Lily1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:23 am

How many things have young people done that as adults we look back on and say I can't believe I ever did that? Just because she was cited for a noise ordinance does not make her criminal. Young people are loud and carefree. I am sure in our house I could be cited and my children are 2 and 4 and they are extremely loud when they hear music they like. Please be realistic, that citation is nothing, its the equivalent of a speeding ticket.
Lily1

Postby Michael » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:33 pm

True Lily1, but the point is that for these past 2 years Amanda's family and supporters have been painting her as whiter then snow, as Mother Teresa, the Second Coming and using it as an atgument of 'defence'. Incidents such as that above contradict the image that they have been trying to sell the public.
Michael
------
------

Postby Enfield » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:48 am

"True Lily1, but the point is that for these past 2 years Amanda's family and supporters have been painting her as whiter then snow, as Mother Teresa, the Second Coming and using it as an atgument of 'defence'."

I wouldn't say I ever think of Amanda Knox as "whiter than snow," or Mother Teresa. I think she was a fairly normal American kid. I believe she smoked pot and got laid occasionally, just as I did. What I'm not convinced of by anything I've read, including Judge Massei's 397 page Motivational Document translated, excellently may I say, by members here, is that she ever murdered anybody.
Enfield

Postby Michael » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:25 am

For some people, no amount if evidence is ever enough. Funnily, those same people are quite happy to convict others for other crimes on a fraction of the evidence that exists against Knox. Go figure.
Michael
------
------

Return to Media